Personal injury refers to an injury to your body, emotions or mind but not to your property. For example, if you fall in a grocery store by slipping on a banana peel, personal injury would refer to your physical harm, that is, bruises or broken leg but not to the damage to your watch. Have a look at Console and Associates P.C. for more info on this.
A Personal Injury Lawsuit is basically a legal case where a company or person is sued by another person for compensation to cover mental and physical damages. There are mainly five kinds of such injury cases, like:
1. Bodily Injury – The injury of the victim is due to behavior of another person, company or property owner.
2. Injury to Reputation – It refers to the situation where the reputation of the plaintiff has suffered harm and it led to actual economic or physical damages.
3. Product Liability – It refers to the injury due to the assembly or design of a product. This includes breach of warranty which is the seller’s failure to fulfill the terms of a promise or making false claims about the product’s type or quality.
4. Economic Injury – In some cases, personal injury is due to economic damages like the negligent behavior of a person can reduce the value of your property and this is considered to be an economic injury.
5. Intentional Injury – In this case, the injury is done on purpose and usually, battery and assault comes under this classification.
The Requirement of a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury lawyer can help you in filing a lawsuit depending on whether the injury is accidental, intentional or a result of a faulty product. Since the goal of both yours and the defendant’s insurance companies is to make a profit, the help of an experienced lawyer is required. They will not only help you in building your case in a strong manner but will negotiate with the insurance company, on your behalf.
The Advantages of Hiring Attorneys
There are a number of advantages of being represented by a Personal Injury Attorney such as:
– The first advantage is that the attorneys are well aware of the personal injury law. They are also capable of considering the feasible claims to which the individual is entitled. Getting injured does not give someone the right to compensation. Contributory negligence is acknowledged by many states which means that in an automobile accident, the victim somewhat contributed to it and hence, they are not entitled to compensation.
– Since, experienced and skilled attorneys have dealt with numerous such situations, they are aware of the worth of the injuries. They also know the details that might reduce or improve the compensation’s quantity to which you are entitled. They also prevent you from the hands of the insurance cover adjusters who might misrepresent the worth of the personal injury to which you are entitled.
– Since the injury lawyer understands personal coverage law in a better manner, he might help you in obtaining more compensation, if it deems suitable.
– When you are represented by an attorney, the insurance coverage adjusters are likely to provide much more compensation. If you are backing out for the lawyer charges, keep in mind that due to their efforts, you can receive more than sufficient claims for personal injury and it might offset the lawyer charge.
– If a case reaches court, the insurance coverage business might spend a great deal more than intended. If you are representing yourself, it is likely that you would not be able to visit court but your attorney can easily visit court. This will make the adjusters more reasonable while offering a compensation for your personal injuries.
Though hiring an attorney to file your case does not always ensure larger settlement, you are likely to get a settlement that would reflect your case’s true value. Whenever, you suffer from any sort of personal injury and want compensation for it, make sure you avail a personal injury attorney so that you can have the benefits of having an attorney at your side.